A message from Deborah Buszard
Over the past year, we have engaged in a conversation about UBC Okanagan -- asking about its place and promise for UBC, the province and society. What is our distinct contribution to a global, civil sustainable society?
This report summarizes the conversation, proposes a set of aspirations and addresses recommendations for our academic, research and campus master plan processes which will articulate how we will achieve our aspirations.
I encourage you to review the outcomes of these comprehensive discussions, as they help shape our collective understanding of where we want to take this campus in the future, and to engage with our planning efforts to make our aspirations a reality.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal
Last reviewed 8/27/2014 10:54:49 AM
The Okanagan campus aspires to be a model of innovation and interdisciplinary programming as an expression of UBC’s core commitments.
- Provide seamless learning experiences grounded in the integration of innovative teaching, opportunities for application, and research
- Co-create knowledge and understanding across traditional boundaries
- Foster innovation and entrepreneurial approaches to sustainable social and economic development that have local relevance and global impact
- Manifest strong connections and collaborations between students, faculty, alumni and our regional and global communities
- Be an exemplar of well-being for healthy people and environments
- Provide opportunities for students to:
- Work across disciplines
- Conduct research
- Develop skills to become:
- Creative and critical thinkers
- Leaders and agents of change
- Interculturally aware and respectful of difference
- Experienced in practice
Photos from Aspire consultation events
Additional infoReview UBC's core commitments, and find links to additional thoughts about the changing future for universities.